The visits to the restoration yards, called “Inside the Restore” and focused on Lorenzetti’s frescos in Siena, ended in March. Now Siena is looking forward to a new exhibition to celebrate the works of one of the major artist of XIV c. : AMBROGIO LORENZETTI.
The new Lorenzetti art exhibition in Siena will celebrate the most beautiful and famous works of the artist.
WHO WAS AMBROGIO LORENZETTI?
Tuscan painter who was born in Siena around 1285. His first works are influenced by the art of Giotto, Duccio di Buoninsegna, and his brother Pietro *. Below are some of the most famous works that can be admired in Siena:
- Annunciazione, 1334, today is located at Pinacoteca Nazionale of Siena
- Cappella di San Galgano at Montesiepi, painted from Lorenzetti between 1334 and 1336 (Now these frescos are in Siena for restoration)
- Maestà of the Cappella Piccolomini of the Sant’Agostino’s Church in Siena, 1337
- Madonna col Bambino, 1340, today is located at Palazzo Pubblico in Siena
- Madonna del Latte, today is located at Diocesan museum in Siena
He painted another Madonna col Bambino in 1319, today is located at the San Casciano museum, which is totally different from Maestà or Madonna col Bambino of Duccio di Buoninsegna.
Don’t worry!! We did not forget the most important work: The Allegory and Effects of Good and Bad Government.
This fresco is located in the Sala dei Nove inside the Palazzo Pubblico of Siena. It is the most important work of XIV c. that represent the life in Siena in middle age.
INFO ABOUT EXHIBITION
The event will be held at Santa Maria della Scala in Siena from October 22, 2017 to January 21, 2018 . Do not miss the opportunity to come and enjoy the masterpieces of this artist and the beauties of our city.
Hotel Borgo Grondaie, 2 km far from city center, is the perfect location for art lovers and not!!
Our blog will be updated with more informations about Lorenzetti exhibition. However, for any details, please contact us at: email@example.com
Published by Borgo Grondaie